Done In a day
Start with Oregon Propane Today
Switching propane providers doesn't require you to much of anything besides making a phone call.
We take care of everything else for you, and we strive to make the process as seamless as possible. There are already enough things to stress about in life—being without propane while you're switching to a better propane provider shouldn't be one of them.
How to switch without service interruption:
- Give us a call and tell us about your situation. Schedule a day for us to come haul away your old tank and install your new tank.
- If you own your tank and are not renting it from a propane provider, no need to change tanks! Just give us a call and we'll get you on a propane refill schedule that best suites your needs.
- Don't worry, we'll be sure to double-check our safety measures and relight your pilot lights before we leave.
Have more questions? Give us a call, or send your questions our way with the contact form on the right. Feeling shy? Scroll down to browse common questions about switching propane providers.
Switching Propane provider FAQ
Call us and we can help you avoid the fees.
- If you rent your tank from Ferrelgas, Amerigas, Propane Northwest, etc., then yes. We will provide a new tank for you.
- If you own your own tank, then the answer is no. You can keep using your own tank no matter who your propane supplier is.
Your previous propane supplier should be able to pick it up on the same day that we install your new tank.
We'll pick up the slack and haul away your old tank for you.
Just give us a call, or submit your information through the contact form above. We will set a date to deliver and install your new propane tank. If you're not sure what size tank you need, let us know and we can help you determine how much propane you'll want to have on hand based on your specific consumption habits.
- We ensure all appliances are off before reconnecting anything.
- We double check all gaskets, fittings, and pipes.
- We never let the tank touch the ground (unless it is an underground tank), keeping it free from rust and leaks.
- We make sure all pilot lights are lit and stable after installation is complete.
The whole propane tank switching process typically takes the better part of a day, depending on the site's ease of access.